Labels

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pinterest LNS Cased Card


I made this card for this week's LNS Pinterest Case Challenge and for this month's SU Creative Crew Challenge (which was to show case one of the retiring In-Colors).  This card was cased from one that the incredibly talented Vicki Burdick did, and you can see her beautiful work of art: HERE.

I love how Poppy Parade and Sahara Sand go together, and I think that Sahara Sand helps to soften and tone down the Poppy Parade.  After I did the first card, I decided it needed a little something extra and added some accents using the soon to be retired Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  I used the also soon to be retired Finial Press EF on the background of the card and then sewed a zig-zag line up the middles connecting the papers.  What do you think - with or without the accent?  I like it with - and here's a list of what I used.



Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Black StazOn, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait
Papers: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Boho Blossoms Punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Pearls, Watercolor Brush, Dimensionals, Scissors, Mini-Glue Dots, Sewing Machine/Thread

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the colours and layout.